Whether it’s to boost your fitness, to stay healthy, or as an environmental choice, taking up riding your bike every day could be one of the best decisions you ever make. You are not convinced? Here’s why you should start cycling to work now:
Want to get started?
If you’re thinking of cycling to work, the following tips can help you getting started and staying safe while on the road:
- Protection. Wear an appropriate helmet and clothing that is suitable for the weather. Wear reflective gear at night and in cloudy weather.
- Maintenance. Make sure your bike fits you and that it is fit for road conditions. Mount a white light on the front of your bike and a red light on the back for night cycling.
- Rules. Make sure to stick to the rules which apply for cyclists in your country.
- Communication. Make eye contact with other road users and use hand signals to indicate what you’re about to do.
If your trip to work seems too risky to bike
If you’d like to bike, but are intimidated by the traffic along your route, check out Bikemap to find enjoyable routes to safely get to work in time. 😉
Latest posts by Astrid Koger (see all)
- 6 Tips for A Successful Start Into Cycling Season - March 7, 2018
- Cycling Cuba – Viva La Bicicleta - January 30, 2018
- Bikemap App Now Available In 5 Additional Languages - January 18, 2018