Bikemap is the leading digital platform for cycling maps and routes worldwide. Within just a few cycling seasons, more than 1.8M users have registered on Bikemap.net and together created over 3.8M unique cycling routes. We’re growing fast and are active in more than 100 countries, spanning a global route network of more than 400M kilometres. Our goal is to provide the best cycling apps in the world, crafting exciting new use cases for multiple platforms, fueling the personal mobility revolution.
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will:
- Work closely with the core development team, speed up our front-end coding and build new features and functions in 2 week sprints, SCRUM style
- Responsibility for development and maintenance of the Bikemap frontend code base – our gateway to millions of active Bikemap users worldwide
- Work together with designers who deliver you pixel perfect Sketch files, bringing to life exciting new use cases for cyclists
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you bring:
- Minimum 3 years experience in developing Web Applications using modern Frameworks like Angular, React, or Vue. Experience with the Django-Template-Language, Typescript or Flexbox is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of software design patterns and how to structure larger web applications.
- Experience in applying CSS & SASS, as well as responsive design.
- An eye for perfection, a positive can-do attitude and the ability to work independently
In general, we’re looking for someone with:
- Commitment to standards & writing clean and maintainable code
- Experience with maps and GIS tools is a plus
- Very good German and / or English skills
Why you should be a Senior Frontend Developer at Bikemap:
- We take a no-bullshit approach to working for our users. This means letting the best idea win on a daily basis. We cherish creativity and brainpower, not hierarchy.
- Bikemap offers the unique chance to build a truly global cycling platform. If you love cycling as much as we do, Bikemap provides you with the environment to advance by leaps and bounds – both personally and professionally.
- We offer a startup salary starting from €40k / year (38,5h/week) depending on your experience. If you’re in for the money, there are better options out there!
Hooked? Well, then tell us more about you and your dev stories! Dazzle us with your CV, showcases, portfolio or whatever you’d like us to see. Please send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to hear from you!