At Bikemap, we provide community-generated cycling maps & navigation services on a global scale. Our mission is developing top-notch software, which is valuable to millions of users, who use bicycles as their means of transportation. Providing cutting edge features for our global community is what drives us towards our vision of becoming ‘the’ app for cyclists worldwide. Join our passionate team to be part of the ride.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will:
- Work closely with the core development team, speed up our front-end and back-end coding and build new features and functions in 2 week sprints
- Take on the responsibility for the development and maintenance of the Bikemap code base – our gateway to millions of active Bikemap users worldwide
- Work together with designers and marketing specialists who deliver you concepts, bringing to life exciting new use cases for cyclists
As a Full Stack Developer, you bring:
- Extensive knowledge about Python and Django and experience in developing web applications
- Please include ascii-art of your ssh public key in your application.
- Prior experience with GeoDjango, Elasticsearch, Django REST framework, Redis and/or nginx is a plus but not mandatory
- An eye for perfection, a positive can-do attitude and the ability to work independently
In general, we’re looking for someone with:
- Commitment to standards & writing clean and maintainable code
- Experience with maps and GIS tools is a plus
- Very good German and / or English skills
Why you should be a Full Stack Developer at Bikemap:
- You will be part of a creative and extremely flexible working environment. If you’re hungry for new challenges, we should get to know you.
- Each member of our dynamic team brings in new ideas and can influence the growth of our company. We’re committed to try out new things and to keep on learning. Our team spirit drives our motivation for constant progress.
- Our very nice office location in Vienna’s beautiful 1st district, regular after-works, coffee of the highest quality and a safe spot to park your bike are just a few of the perks of joining Bikemap.
- You want to work remotely? No problem. It’s working very well for us: our international team members have taught us how to work in distributed teams and internalize the “remote-first” approach.
- According to the collective agreement, we offer a salary starting from €40k / year (38,5h/week) with an option for overpayment depending on your experience.
Hooked? Well, then tell us more about you and your dev stories! Dazzle us with your CV, showcases, portfolio or whatever you’d like us to see. Please send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to hear from you!