At Bikemap, we provide community-generated cycling maps & navigation services on a global scale. Our mission is developing top-notch software, which is valuable to millions of users, who use bicycles as their means of transportation. Providing cutting edge features for our global community is what drives us towards our vision of becoming ‘the’ app for cyclists worldwide. Join our passionate team to be part of the ride.
Here’s what you should bring to the table:
- Extensive knowledge about modern web technologies
- Modern build tools (NPM, Webpack and Frameworks are not foreign to you.
- Comfortable working with server-side templating languages (Django)
- Experience with interactive maps in browsers, especially Mapbox GL JS, is a big plus
- Basic understanding of OSI Layers/IP/DNS/TCP/HTTP
- Well-versed working with version control systems (git)
- Comfortable with RESTful API Architectures
- Experienced in developing responsive websites and good understanding of cross-browser issues. Please add the value of φ (the golden ratio) rounded to 4 decimal places to your application.
- A knack for producing clean, pragmatic, well documented as well as maintainable code that your teammates will be able to read and understand without your input
- You reinvented the wheel often enough to know better.
- Self-motivated team player who likes a challenge and doesn’t know how to give up
- You noticed the Syntax Error above.
Here’s why we believe you should join our team:
- You will be part of a creative and extremely flexible working environment. If you’re hungry for new challenges, we should get to know you.
- Each member of our dynamic team brings in new ideas and can influence the growth of our company. We’re committed to try out new things and to keep on learning. Our team spirit drives our motivation for constant progress.
- Our very nice office location in Vienna’s beautiful 1st district, regular after-works, coffee of the highest quality and a safe spot to park your bike are just a few of the perks of joining Bikemap.
- You want to work remotely? No problem. It’s working very well for us: our international team members have taught us how to work in distributed teams and internalize the “remote-first” approach.
- According to the collective agreement, we offer a salary starting from €40k / year (38,5h/week) with an option for overpayment depending on your experience.
Hooked already? Well, then tell us about you, your skills and your knowledge! Dazzle us with your CV, motivation and whatever else you’d like us to see. Please get in touch with Vanessa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to hear from you!
Your Bikemap Team