Bikemap is the leading digital platform for cycling maps and routes worldwide. Within just a few cycling seasons, more than 4M users have registered on Bikemap.net and together created over 4.5M unique cycling routes. We’re growing fast and are active in more than 100 countries, spanning a global route network of more than 450M kilometres. Our goal is to provide the best cycling apps in the world, crafting exciting new use cases for multiple platforms, fueling the personal mobility revolution.
As a Backend Developer, you will:
- Work closely with the core development team, speed up our back-end coding and build new features and functions in 2 week sprints, SCRUM style
- Responsibility for development, documentation and maintenance of the core Bikemap code base which is being interfaced by the Android and iOS apps as well as the Web frontend – It’s our gateway to millions of active Bikemap users worldwide
- Work together with designers and marketing specialists who deliver you concepts, bringing to life exciting new use cases for cyclists
As a Backend Developer, you bring:
- Extensive knowledge about Python, Django, PostgreSQL and experience in developing web applications
- Please include ascii-art of your ssh public key in your application
- Prior experience with the HTTP protocol, pytest, RESTful API design, AWS, GeoDjango, Elasticsearch, Jenkins, Django REST framework, Redis and/or nginx is a plus but not mandatory
- An eye for perfection, the inability to give up on hard problems, a balanced form of perfectionism, a positive can-do attitude and the ability to work independently
In general, we’re looking for someone with:
- Commitment to standards & writing clean and maintainable code
- Experience with maps and GIS tools is a plus
- Very good German and / or English skills
Why you should be a Backend Developer at Bikemap:
- If you’re hungry for new challenges and want to be part of a creative and extremely flexible working environment, we should get to know you.
- Each member of our dynamic team brings in new ideas and can influence the growth of our company. We’re committed to try out new things and to keep on learning. Our team spirit drives our motivation for constant progress.
- Very nice office location in the beautiful 1st district, regular after-works, coffee of the highest quality and a safe spot to park your bike.
- According to the collective agreement, we offer a salary starting from €40k / year (38,5h/week) with an option for overpayment depending on your experience.
Hooked? Well, then tell us more about you and your dev stories! Dazzle us with your CV, showcases, portfolio or whatever you’d like us to see. Please send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to hear from you!