We love how enthusiastically the Bikemap community creates new routes (1500 every day!), which is why we want to give you a better way to organize them.
If your profile is overflowing with created, saved and updated routes, this is for you! As a Premium member, you can now organize your bike tours in handy route collections and share them with your friends.
How can I create a route collection?
- Register or sign in to Bikemap on your desktop if you already have an account.
- Upgrade your account to Premium.
- In the menu, click on the new button, “Route Collections”.
- Click “Add new”, enter a title, choose if it should be public or private, and hit “Create”.
- To fill it with routes, find and choose a route and add it via its “Add to” button.
- Make it even cooler by adding a cover photo, description and tags.
- Instantly share your route collection via Facebook, Twitter or email using the sharing buttons.
More awesome features are waiting for you
Bikemap Premium is a monthly or yearly subscription plan for enthusiastic cyclists who want to benefit from even more cool features: in addition to route collections we’ve got offline maps and offline navigation waiting for you! And you’ll be pleased to hear that Bikemap is faster and completely ad-free when you upgrade to Premium.
Get the full Bikemap experience!
Or upgrade to premium via the Bikemap App for Android or iOS:
When you’re out riding a new route there is so much else you’d rather give your attention to than staying on track. After all, there’s terrain to react to, other cyclists to look out for and scenery to enjoy.
It’s easy to miss a turn when you’re navigating busy city traffic or remote areas you’ ve never been before. You don’t want to stop to check the route every few minutes – not to mention having to worry about your mobile signal in remote areas.
Stay on track with Bikemap’s new offline navigation
Using the Bikemap app, you can now follow turn-by-turn voice directions while on your bike. Once you update to a Premium account and download a region, you can get directions to every destination within that region. Keep your eyes on the trail while cutting out roaming charges and saving valuable battery life.
How can I navigate my routes offline?
- Download the free Bikemap app for Android or iOS.
- Register or sign in if you already have an account.
- Upgrade your account to Premium.
- In the menu, click on “Offline Regions”. Pick a region and download it by hitting “Store for offline use”. You can now navigate offline within that region.
- In the menu, click on “Navigate”. Tap on the map to enter your destination or insert it in the boxes (only destinations that have already been entered will pop up when in offline mode)
- Then click the “Navigate” icon to activate directions in real time.
- Go out riding and say goodbye to lost data connections and high roaming charges.
Bikemap tip: Set your phone to flight mode to save valuable battery life!
Enjoy the ultimate freedom with Bikemap offline navigation now!
Download the Bikemap App for Android or iOS and get the full Bikemap experience:
Offline maps and routes are only part of our new Premium offer! Curious about what else we’ve got? Discover more about Bikemap Premium here.
In the past some users have asked us to send them the text files of Bikemap (or Inlinemap or Runmap for that matter) to translate them. This way the Czech and Polish language versions came into existence.
However one usually runs into encoding problems when handling with files so we’ve decided to set up a translation service to be able to translate online in one’s browser – no further software required. Better even: Anybody can go there, register and suggest wording improvements. A user guide can be found online: Bikemap in your language.
So we are looking forward to spreading the joy into more corners of the world! Why not go and add your language? (It’s easier than you may think.)
Illustration (cc) by Xiaming